Monday, December 29, 2008

Act right ... (on the radar)

Photobucket

Before we all go put on our 2009 party caps and tiaras, I'm looking into where I'm putting my chips into the coming 1st quarter. If you take a look back, both Nik and I were talking very doomsdayish when the global markets had a slight rally going into December (auto bailouts, global cookie cut financial stimulus', and schizophrenic investors.) Unfortunately my timing I believe was off, but my views have not changed much since. Obviously not a huge fan of retailers, commercial R.E and healthcare right now. The important thing is being able to spot which of these companies are the most vulnerable... right now. Commercial real estate has been anticipated to get hit as companies downsize, renegotiate for lower leases etc, and hell if you can't pay your credit cards and mortgage payments why the fuck would you pay the insanely expensive hospital bills? I got to look more closely at the healthcare sector as those companies have been hacked hard too.

Coming off such a drastic trading year, I'm looking to revise my watch lists as 2008 comes to an end. Keeping a steady eye on commercial real estate: SPG,JLL,CBG, hospitals: LPNT, CYH, and certain clothing brands like true religion jeans, abercrombie. I am still interested in where the hell the video game sector is headed too, I admit I was dead wrong with my short term sentiment on activision but they are better positioned then ERTS, TTWO imo.

Bare with us as my partner is on vacation enjoying Bali (you bastard! haha), I'll be less active with posts (until 2009) as we're prepping the final touches to BULLYBANK.COM, The world will get a better idea of just exactly what the F we're all about LOL! I hope you guys have a great NYE.

- cheers the hot revolver.

No comments: