Sunday, December 7, 2008

Market's set for an Erattic week.

Photobucket
Up or Down? i'm tired as hell and about to close shop for the night. Some pertinent earnings reports, op. results and conference calls set to release this week including, autozone, krogers, H&R block, ciena corp, costco, chesapeak, amazon, merk, AT&T, 3m, comast, covering a broad spectrum of industries that have all been in the spotlight as of late... seems like across seas the asian markets had one hell of a opening day, with major indicies seeing substantial gains. Optimism of the potential auto bailout? doesn't matter too much to them but perhaps the reiteration of stimuli packages (world wide).

I coin the term "hollow optimism" because quite frankly, my ass just doesn't see what the F there is to celebrate about right now, and even going into the first quarter of 2009. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm going to look at these up days as opportunities to capitalize on a better short entry point or discounted puts ... because all and all, this thing is far from over. Unfortunately most of my eggs are incubating in those Verizon and UBS puts. Although I will be keeping an eye out on abercrombie, research in motion and bank of america...hell, Nik let's see what Chesapeak has to say tomar morning too - *on a side note, I hope escrow opens this week for the house I just sold or else...it could get annoying. cheers and g'night the hot revolver.

No comments: