Sunday, November 30, 2008

Welcome December: Animal Activist Can't Prevent this Show Down.

Photobucket

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving weekend, but we are back to business come Monday 6:30am pst.

Alright, the markets ended the week with an impressive 5 day gain. If you ask me, the holiday spirits conjured up an early Christmas this year. Early reports are also suggesting that the busiest shopping day of the year (black friday) saw an increase of roughly 3% compared to last year, surprising the many who anticipated a slower holiday shopper turnout. *I for one was in San Francisco's Union Sq. and it was a freakin ZOO out there! (this goes back to my point on a previous entry, the cut back on spending as of late would lead to increase of spending during holiday season sales). Let's see how this pans out for the rest of the season though.

Citigroup’s decision to hold their own auction block, starting with NikkoCiti Trust and Banking Corp, and the anticipation of the automaker bailout should all lead to a continued rise in the markets this week. Not so great news for my December UBS puts. But I am still confident in the fact that the markets are not set for a complete turnaround. If the markets do continue to rise Monday onto Tuesday, we should see profit taking and increase in short interest toward the end of the week. ***update...I guess theres been some more negative tid bits from across seas leading to perhaps a lower open tomar...im at hooters getting my pervert on so ill read into the details later.

Personally, I am running out of bullets here so my dec. 10 UBS puts play is important to me. I currently have an active real estate deal which I hope to bank a couple thow-wow off commission. Fack a vacay! I’m taking the money and replenishing capital into my stock account if and when that takes place (fingers crossed). Being a versatile investor is important especially during these mood swing type markets. There maybe signs of nubs reappearing on my head, but I remain with a steady appetite for fish and campers.
- cheers The Hot Revolver.

No comments: